Bachelor of Technology Admission 2010 – Vellore Institute of Technology – Tamil Nadu
About VIT: VIT University was established with the aim of providing quality higher education on par with international standards. It persistently seeks and adopts innovative methods to improve the quality of higher education on a consistent basis. The campus has a cosmopolitan atmosphere with students from all corners of the globe. Experienced and learned teachers are strongly encouraged to nurture the students. The global standards set at VIT in the field of teaching and research spur us on in our relentless pursuit of excellence. In fact, it has become a way of life for us. The highly motivated youngsters on the campus are a constant source of pride.
Introduction: Admission to B.Tech. Degree Programme is based on VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) conducted all over India.
- A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum average of 60% of marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB).
- A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with 50% average marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) for candidates belonging to SC/ST and Students hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and from the North Eastern States of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh.
- Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) candidates are eligible for all the programmers Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) candidates are eligible only for B.Tech. Bioinformatics, Biotechnology & Biomedical Engineering programmes.
- Advertisement given regarding issue of application forms, important dates etc., in all leading newspapers all over India and notified in the VIT website.
- Applications can be obtained from selected Post Offices /¬† may be obtained by post from VIT.
- Entrance exam conducted in major cities all over India.
- Publication of results in leading websites.
- Call for counselling in batches and allotment of branches on the basis of the rank.
Vellore – 632 014,
Tamil Nadu, India
Contact Numbers: +91-416-220 2157 / 2168 / 2125