INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ENTERPRENEURSHIP,INNOVATION AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT
End for Early Registration: April 7, 2008
End for Late Registration: April 25, 2008
ICEIRD 2008 Conference – May 8-11, 2008
ICEIRD 2008 will be organized in conjunction with the EU Day of the Entrepreneur on 9th May, 2008.
The University ‚ÄúSs. Cyril and Methodius‚ÄĚ Business Start-up Centre in Skopje, Macedonia together with CITY College (an affiliated institution of University of Sheffield) – Computer Science Department, Thessaloniki, Greece are organizing the first International Conference for Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Regional Development ICEIRD 2008.
The objective of the Conference is to gather in the same place decision makers (government, ministries and state agencies), scientists (universities, research and development centers, start-up centers and incubators) and practitioners (SME‚Äôs) in order to discuss topic that are of crucial importance for national competitiveness and increased regional development in the South East Europe.
The conference is planned for 4 (four) days and it will take place in Skopje and Ohrid, Macedonia. The first day, will be more a strategic planning day and the organizing committee, will meet and finalize the whole event. This will also be the time when the strategic issues for the future of the Conference will be revised.
The next day is the main conference meeting in Skopje where after introductory sessions, 4 parallel presentation panels will take place. The last two days, 60-80 people will change the working place to Ohrid and work on the specific topics described above. The results of the conference will be summarized in the last day of work.
Topics Are In The Conference:
- Governmental and regional policies on entrepreneurship, innovation and R&D
- Clustering and networking
- Entrepreneurship education
- Family businesses and entrepreneurship
- University ‚Äď industry collaboration
- Innovation policy in small and medium enterprises
- ICT and Regional competitiveness
- Knowledge management and technology transfer
- Regional innovation strategies
- Regional competitiveness and development
- Business process modeling
- The benefit of knowledge zone, business centers and incubators in the region
- Business incubation
- Best practices in the region / Macedonia (start-up companies)
- inancing innovation, R&D, SMEs.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CLICK¬†¬†¬† HERE