All India Common Entrance Test 2011 at Association of Managements of Unaided Private Medical and Dental Colleges in Mumbai
Introduction : All India Common Entrance Test (AssoCET2011) will be held on Tuesday 17th May 2011 for Admission to the first year of MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BPTh, BOTh & BSc-Nursing courses In Private Medical, Dental and other Health Science Colleges In Maharashtra State for the Academic year 2011-2012. All the Health Science Colleges of the Association are affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik and Medical colleges approved by Medical Council of India, Dental Colleges by Dental Council of India & other Health Science Colleges by their respective Central Councils.
Application Procedure :
1. Prescribed application forms can be obtained from the Notified Centers against DD drawn on the Nationalized Bank in the name of the AMUPMDC” only payable at “Mumbai” for Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only)
2. Application forms will also be available from Association‚Äôs Office, AMUPMDC, Shrijee House 75 Mint Road, Mumbai ‚Äď 01¬† by post with an additional DD of Rs. 200/- for postal charges.
3. Forms will also be available from Selected Branches of Punjab National Bank (PNB) on cash payment of Rs. 500.00.
4. The Application Form must be filled by the candidate in his/her own handwriting using black ballpoint pen. The application form complete in all respect shall be submitted directly to the office of AMUPMDC, Mumbai either in person or by Post/Courier. The filled-in Application Form is to be duly returned in the Envelope provided with the Application Form along with DD drawn in favour of “AMUPMDC” and payable at “Mumbai” for Rs. 1,500/- (Rs One thousand Five Hundred only) Asso-CET 2011 Examination Fee.
1.1. Application Form Submitted by POST must be accompanied by a self-addressed and stamped envelope along with Receipt-cum-Identity Card (Annexure -¬† ‚ÄúF‚ÄĚ ) for acknowledgement.
Eligibility : A candidate will be eligible for admission to Health Science Courses i.e. MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BPTh, BOTh, BSc-Nursing for the academic year 2011‚Äď12 on fulfillment of the following conditions:
1. The candidate may be an Indian National / NRI / Foreign National. The candidate is required to produce proof in support of his/her Nationality from a District Magistrate, Additional Magistrate or Metropolitan Magistrate. School Leaving certificate of HSC/12th Std indicating the nationality of the candidate as Indian or Valid Passport also shall be considered as sufficient proof of Nationality.
2. For Admissions to MBBS, BDS, B.Sc Nursing the candidate must be born on or before 31ST December 1994 to be eligible¬† to appear for Asso-CET 2011. For admissions to BAMS candidate must be born on or before 1st October 1994. The Secondary School Certificate (i.e. SSC) or equivalent examination certificate or the certificates of age and nationality endorsing the date of birth will constitute the valid proof.
3. Eligibility Criteria for qualifying Examination for various courses:-¬† a. For MBBS, BDS and BAMS :
A candidate belonging to open category must have obtained not less than 50% Marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology subject taken together at the
HSC (or Equivalent) Examination.¬† A Candidates belonging to Reserved Category must have obtained not less than 40% Marks Physics, Chemistry & Biology subject taken together at the HSC (or Equivalent) Examination.
b. For B. Sc (Nursing):- A candidate belonging to open category must have obtained not less than 45% Marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English subject taken together at the HSC (or Equivalent) Examination. A Candidates belonging to Reserved Category must have obtained not less
than 40% Marks Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English subject taken together at the HSC (or Equivalent) Examination.
c. For BPTh, BOTh, BASLP rule no. 5.5.1, 5.5.2 and 5.5.3 is not applicable to this course, passing at Std. XII or HSC or equivalent examination is
4. No rounding off of the marks secured by the candidate will be done in individual subject or final total while converting marks of the individual subject out of 100 or total marks out of 300. For example, if the total of the marks in three subjects comes to 149 out of 300, percentage comes to 49.66 that will not qualify the candidate.
5. The candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination i.e. HSC or equivalent in March/April‚Äď2011 are also¬† eligible to appear for Asso-CET 2011, provided they must fulfill the eligibility conditions.
SCHEDULE OF Asso-CET 2011:
Date : Tuesday 17th May¬† 2011.
Time : 10:00 am to 1.00 pm
Subjects : Physics, Chemistry & Biology
Important Dates :
Sale of Brochure and Application Forms …10/03/2011 to 10/04/2011
Last date of submission of Forms ………………………….10/04/2011
Last Date With Late Fee of Rs. 500/-¬† ……………………..20/04/2011
Dispatch of Admit Cards¬† ‚Ä¶‚Ä¶…………………………….. 30/04/2011
Date of Asso CET-2010 Examination …………………….17th May 2011 ( 10 am to 1 pm )
CONDUCT OF COMMON ENTRANCE TEST Asso-CET 2011 :
Centres within Maharashtra State:¬† (01) Mumbai, (02) Navi Mumbai, (03) Thane (City),¬† (04) Pune, (05) Nashik, (06) Dhule, 07) Jalgaon, (08) Ahmednagar,¬† (09) Sangli, (10) Solapur, (11) Kolhapur, (12) Aurangabad,¬† (13) Parbhani,¬† (14) Nanded,¬† (15) Latur,¬† (16) Akola,¬† (17) Amravcati,¬† (18)
Nagpur, (19) Ratnagiri
Centres outside Maharashtra State : (20) Delhi, (21) Chandigarh, (22) Luchnow, (23) Jaipur, (24) Bhopal, (25) Indore, (26) Ahmedabad, (27) Hyderabad, (28) Kolkatta.
Shree House, 75 Mint Road,
Email : contact(AT)amupmdc.org
Contact Numbers : 91-22-22641602/03, Fax: 91-22-22641362
Source : http://www.amupmdc.org/Elig_and_Imp_details_asso_11.pdf