NATO Internship Programme 2010 – North Atlantic Treaty Organization
Introduction: NATO¬† Headquarters (HQ) introduced its Internship Programme in 2004. The aim of the programme is to provide a small number of current or recent students with the opportunity to intern with the International Staff at NATO Headquarters in Brussels. There is one call for applications per year, from March until June with two starting dates, in September and March the following year. Internships will in principle last 6 months.
Objectives: The NATO Internship Programme has four main objectives:
* To provide the Organisation with access to the latest theoretical and technical knowledge that the intern can apply through practical work assignments, as well as with additional staff resources.
* To provide interns with an opportunity to learn from the NATO community and get a better understanding and a more balanced view of the Organisation.
* To contribute to creating a more diverse workforce.
* To expand understanding of NATO in Alliance.
Eligibility: Current students and recent graduates (1 year) with:
* Age:¬† over 21 at the time of internship (for insurance purposes)
* Nationality:¬† nationals of a NATO member state*
* Studies:¬† at least two years of university study or equivalent
* Languages:¬† proficiency in one of the official NATO languages (English/French); desirable working knowledge of the other.
Awards: Interns will benefit by experiencing an international organisation from the inside while substantiating their Curriculum Vitae. Internships are offered in the following areas:
* Defence Policy and Planning
* Defence Investment
* Executive Management
* NATO Office of Security
* Political Affairs and Security Policy
* Public Diplomacy
* NATO Office of Ressources
* Private Office
* Agencies: IMS (International Military Staff), SHAPE, NC3A, NAMA.
Application Form: For Online Application Form Click http://www.nato.int/structur/interns/application_grant_2007.doc