B.A.(H.) Journalism Entrance Test 2011 at University of Delhi, New Delhi
Introduction : The B.A. (Hons.) Journalism course was started in the University of Delhi in the year 1989. Delhi College of Arts and Commerce was the first to start this prestigious course and today five colleges of the University of Delhi are proud to offer the same which include Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, Kamala Nehru College, Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Kalindi College and Maharaja Agrasen College.
During its short but brilliant history, the course has carved a niche for itself and continues to be one of the most sought after courses of the University of Delhi. The overall goal is to realise not only the professional but the intellectual and creative growth of students and develop a vibrant chord with the media industry.
The candidate should have either passed or appeared in the Senior Secondary School Examination of CBSE or any other examination considered equivalent by the University of Delhi. The candidate should secure an aggregate of at least 70% marks in his/her class XII examination (65% for SC, ST, CW and PWD categories) in best of four papers including English and three other academic subjects as specified by the University of Delhi*. The candidate should also have secured at least 60% marks in English.
The candidate should have obtained pass mark in each of the four papers considered for computing the aggregate in the above mentioned subjects.
The candidate must produce the confirmed result and mark sheet of the qualifying examination on the day of the Personal Interview to be eligible for the process of admission to the Journalism course. Candidates who do not have the confirmed mark sheet will not be entertained under any circumstances.
The reserved category certificates of OBC (of Central List & non creamy layer), SC, ST, PWD, and CW, as applicable, in the name of the candidate, must be produced on the day of the interview. Compartment cases of current year will not be considered for admission.
Candidates who have appeared in the class XII examination in 2011 and who repeat a paper for improvement to gain eligibility shall not be considered for admission in the current year.
Foreign nationals seeking admission to B. A. (Hons.) Journalism against the prescribed quota of seats earmarked for them, shall have to apply through the Foreign Students Advisor, C/o Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi – 110 007 and are exempted from the written examination and Interview.
Those foreign students who have acquired their minimum qualification for admission from any Indian Board, in India have to apply directly as General category candidate. They have to appear for the entrance test like general category candidates and follow the same selection process as applicable to general category and in addition fill up the foreign student application form of FSR office (downloadable from: http://www.du.ac.in/forms/foreignstudents1.pdf). All admission of foreign students are channeled through the Foreign Students Registry (FSR) office of University of Delhi.
How to Apply :¬† You require the following in order to apply :
- A working and valid Email ID. This will be your login name. You will also receive information on this Email ID. You may choose any password.
- The scanned digital copy of a recent passport size colour photograph.
- Debit/Credit card in case you wish to make online payment.
- Application fee can also be deposited at select branches of Axis Bank in India after successfully completing the Online Registration.
- A mobile phone number is desirable. Notice will also be sent through SMS on the mobile phone if you so desire.
Online Registration : For Online Registration Click http://journalismdu.admissionhelp.com/stureg.aspx
Selection Procedure :
1. Written Joint Entrance Test
3. Final selection
4. Counseling and Admission of candidates
Admission Requirements : Candidates are required to deposit the following to the respective College office when they take admission to the B.A.(Hons.) Journalism course:
- Fees payable in cash.
- Two passport size coloured photographs
- Character Certificate by the head of the institution last attended.
- All original certificates
- Class X certificate as evidence of Date of Birth
- Marks Statement of Class XII
- Category certificate (for Reserved Categories) along with one attested photocopy of each of the above documents.
Important Dates :
1. Availability of applications forms: May 20, 2011 (Friday) 00:00hrs
2. Last date for the submission of application forms: June 5, 2011 (Sunday) by 00:00 hrs
3. Date of Entrance test¬† (C-JET) : June 19,2011 (Sunday) at 9:30am to 12noon
4. Declaration of results of written test: June 29, 2011 (Thursday) by 16:00 hrs
5. Interview: July 2, 2011 to July 8, 2011
6. Declaration of final result: July 11,2011 by 16:00 hrs
7. 1st Counselling and admission : July 14, 2011 to July 16, 2011
8. 2nd Counselling and admission: July 18, 2011 to July 20, 2011
9. 3rd Counselling and admission (if required): July¬† 21, 2011 to July 23, 2011
Email : cjet.helpdesk(AT)gmail.com
Contact Numbers : 011 – 45108880 / 011 – 45108881
Source : http://journalismdu.admissionhelp.com/DUfassh/login.aspx